Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

THE COLOUR RED



Roses are red

The sheets of my bed is red

A girl in my class wears a red pant

And if i suggest yellow

She says she cant

In a rainbow the colour red is first

And look at poor brown

He is the colour of dirt

The colour of an apple is red

"I love red" my friend said

The colour of blood is red

And look at poor black

He is worn mostly if someone is dead

The sign of danger is red

The sign to stop is red

The lips on my face is red

The sketch can be beautiful if red

The beaks of the birds are red

Why oh why does red get all the attention?

My god! who invented red?

3 comments:

  1. Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese says G.K. Chesterton
    i hope you'll look into this matter :)

    good work ...congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god oh god oh god
    the way you said
    the things about red
    on and on till it fed
    on my whirrling head
    oh do oh do oh do i pled
    when reading these rhymes of red
    from the greiving dead
    to the sheets of your bed....

    could she see some other color to find
    or rather,.. she be color blind.....


    anyways...nice one...especially liked the last line....

    ReplyDelete